FSHP Member Benefits
The Florida Society of Health-System Pharmacists (FSHP) has a 60-year record of preparing pharmacists for every stage of their professional careers, from students to seasoned practitioners. As a member of FSHP you will be supported by a number of programs and services, including the following:
· FSHP Newsletter – a quarterly publication, distributed electronically in January, April, July and October, providing timely updates on critical topics and reports from the FSHP Officers, Councils, Regional Societies and Comments from the Capitol.
· Active and Associate Membership in FSHP includes membership in one of twelve Regional Societies, conveniently located to offer FSHP programs and services close to where you live or work. Membership in both organizations gives you the combined benefits of state-wide and local perspectives on issues influencing your day-to-day practice.
· FSHP Website – your online resource for timely information, regular updates, web resources, useful links and databases that support your practice. Be sure to visit these special features:
o Member Central restricted to “Members Only” , this valuable resource features a Searchable Membership Directory, convenient way to update your member profile or register for a meeting. Member Central also provides convenient access to official FSHP publications, policies and position statements.
o Membership Directory – build career contacts, supplement your clinical knowledge and skills and establish key professional relationships by networking with nearly 3,000 pharmacists and pharmacy technicians; the “Who’s Who” of health-system pharmacy in Florida.
o Searchable Pharmacy Rules and Laws – as required for all pharmacy permits, this section provides convenient links to the Department of Health, Medical Quality Assurance, Florida Board of Pharmacy and Florida Drugs, Devices and Cosmetics.
o Career Center – convenient and confidential listings for Employers and Recruiters looking for the ideal candidate and Job Seekers looking for a challenging and rewarding career.
· General continuing education programs for Pharmacists and Technicians, accredited by ACPE, available at reduced registration rates.
· Re-certification continuing education programs for Consultant Pharmacists, approved by the Florida Board of Pharmacy, available at reduced registration rates.
· Professional lobbyist services for Executive (Florida Board of Pharmacy) and Legislative (Florida House & Senate) Branches of Government, providing issue-specific monitoring , policy development, and grassroots advocacy on topics of concern to health-system pharmacists and their patients.
· Student chapters located at each of the colleges / schools of pharmacy in Florida.
· FSHP is the State Affiliate of the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP), a professional community of nearly 35,000 pharmacists.
· FSHP is a State Associate of the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB), representing a community of over 250,000 certified pharmacy technicians.
· FSHP Research & Education Foundation – sponsors student scholarships and premium education programs for residency training and leadership development.
In addition, FSHP members are encouraged to take advantage of one or more of these features:
· Enjoy significant member discounts on the FSHP Annual Meeting registration and other FSHP-sponsored continuing education programs.
· Realize reduced membership rates for Pharmacy Residents, Retired Active Members, and Husband / Wife Pharmacist Couples. Contact the FSHP Office for more details
· Realize generous member discounts on ASHP products through the ASHP-State Affiliate Re-sellers Program.
· Serve on one of the five Councils (Administrative Affairs, Educational Affairs, Public Affairs, Organizational Affairs or Legal & Regulatory Affairs), the Healthcare Industry Relations Committee (HIRC), or the Technician Division.
· Receive recognitions, awards and scholarships presented at the FSHP Annual Meeting
· Serve as a Regional Society Delegate to the FSHP House of Delegates (conducted in conjunction with the FSHP Annual Meeting).
· Serve as a Florida Delegate to the ASHP House of Delegates (conducted in conjunction with the ASHP Annual / Summer Meeting).
· Participate in “Sun Trust At Work,” offering FSHP members special rates on banking services.